Little Church on the Prairie welcomes the public to celebrate its 75th Anniversary on Saturday, May 17th. The Church is located at 6310 Motor Ave SW, next to the Lakewood Colonial Center. Originally part of the 200 acres purchased by Norton and Mary Clapp in 1937, the grocery and hardware store stood vacant until the Lakewood Community Center was built. The same classic colonial architecture used in the Center was the inspiration for the church’s design and decor. The schedule of activities include:
- 11:30 am – 5:00 pm L’Arche Farm and Garden plant sale outside in circle driveway
- 1:00 – 4:00 pm: Self Guided Tours relating history of the Church buildings, display of historic photos, quilt show in Prairie Hall, information on Church projects and activities, Refreshments in Prairie Hall, Antique Fire Truck on display on driveway.
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm: Morris Northcutt Swing Band Concert in the Sanctuary