JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD, Wash — Joint Base Lewis-McChord will host its annual Military Retiree Appreciation Day event Friday, May 16, from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at American Lake Conference Center, on JBLM Lewis-North. Event officials are expecting approximately 2,500 military beneficiaries to attend. Military Retiree Appreciation Day events include:
- Madigan Healthcare System Health Fair – opens at 7:30 a.m. for blood sugar and cholesterol testing (requires blood draw, 12-hours fasting before test), blood pressure checks (no caffeine or tobacco for 3 hours prior). Participants should bring vaccination records for review. The fair will also feature informational exhibits and information about Tri-Care medical and dental benefits and other social support services.
- ID Card issuance and replacement – Retirees and family members enrolled or eligible for enrollment in DEERS can update information and replace military ID cards at the event (bring DD214, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree or Death Certificate and two forms of identification if needed to verify eligibility).
- Legal Assistance Station – information and no-fee preparation of wills; general, special, or medical powers of attorney, and answers to legal questions provided by I Corps and JBLM Staff Judge Advocate’s Office.
- Vehicle Registration – Retirees may register vehicles for use on base at the on-site registration table (bring valid proof of insurance card, state registration, state driver’s license, and military ID card). Information about firearms registration will also be available at this station.
- VA Benefits Review – Washington Dept. of Veterans Affairs will host a Compensation Review Station for veterans who wish to initiate or seek an increased disability rating, Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC), or determine eligibility for new or expanded benefits created by recent changes in federal law for retirees with service-connected disabilities (bring DD214 and information about any other VA benefits received).
- Veterans Information Expo – Booths representing state and federal, and non-profit agencies will be staffed by employees and other individuals knowledgeable about benefits and services their organization has available for military retirees.
- Services- Retirees seeking more information about the JBLM Retirement Services Office or this year’s Retiree Appreciation Day event can contact the Retirement Services Office, by calling (253) 966-5881, or 966-5884, or by email at email@example.com, visit the RSO web site at www.lewis-mcchord.army.mil/rso/.