The Lakewood City Council will meet on Monday, April 7, 2014, 7:00 P.M., City of Lakewood, City Council Chambers, 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499. Following is the meeting agenda:
CALL TO ORDER
CITY MANAGER REPORT
PROCLAMATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Youth Council Report.
- Recognizing the Clover Park School District STEM students.
- Presentation by the 4/2 and 2/2 Stryker Brigades – Colonel Jody Miller, 4/2 Commander and Colonel Louis Zeisman, 2/2 Commander
- Clover Park School District Board Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 6) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of March 17, 2014.
( 12) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of March 24, 2014.
( 17) C. Approval of payroll checks in the amount of $2,187,299.97, for the period February 16, 2014 through March 15, 2014.
( 19) D. Approval of claim vouchers in the amount of $1,263,861.62, for the period February 26, 2014 through March 24, 2014.
( 64) E. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Public Safety Advisory Committee meeting minutes of December 4, 2013.
- Landmarks and Heritage Advisory Board meeting minutes of January 23, 2014.
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of February 18, 2014.
- Planning Advisory Board meeting minutes of February 19, 2014.
- Human Services Funding Advisory Board meeting minutes of February 20, 2014.
- Citizens’ Transportation Advisory Committee meeting minutes of February 25, 2014.
( 80) F. Motion No. 2014-16
Setting Monday, April 21, 2014, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the proposed 2013-2014 biennial budget amendments.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
( 81) Ordinance No. 580
Amending Chapter 3.36 of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to transient occupancy tax. – City Attorney.
( 91) Motion No. 2014-17
Approving the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee’s recommendation to allocate $33,040 of lodging tax funds for administering the lodging tax program. – Economic Development Manager
(110) Motion No. 2014-18
Authorizing the execution of an agreement with Brown and Caldwell, in the amount of $195,409 to prepare a lake management plan for Waughop Lake. – Public Works Director.
(120) Motion No. 2014-19
Authorizing the execution of a five year agreement with Best Parking Lot Cleaning, Inc., in the amount of $116,828.26, for street sweeping services. – Public Works Director.
(160) Motion No. 2014-20
Authorizing the execution of an agreement with the Washington State Department of Transportation for a $126,000 grant for right-of-way acquisition and design of the 111th/112th Street Bridgeport Way to Kendrick Street improvement project. – Public Works Director.
BRIEFING BY THE CITY MANAGER
(169) Review of sole source traffic signal equipment.
(172) Review of City Council Comprehensive Plan amendments
CITY COUNCIL COMMENTS