Poets and poetry lovers share feelings and words in a noncritical atmosphere led by poet Joanne Clarkson.
Session 1: Monday, April 7, 7 – 8:30 p.m. Poem Making
- Exercises in sound, form, voice, image, memoir and story
- Inspiration from favorite poets using different styles and subjects
- Writing prompts and suggestions to keep the muse singing
Session 2: Monday, April 21, 7 – 8:30 p.m. Poetry Forever
- Present a poem or draft you have created during the past two weeks
- Share a poet you have discovered and admire
- Gain information and strategies for publishing, reading, displaying and otherwise sharing the gift of poetry
Lakewood Pierce County Library, 6300 Wildaire Road S.W. 98499 • 253-548-3302. In honor of National Poetry Month. Free events sponsored by FRIENDS of Lakewood Library.