Join a hard working team in the fight against homelessness. LASA is a dynamic, non-profit grass roots organization dedicated to the prevention of homelessness and recurrent homelessness
We are looking for a Program assistant who is computer proficient; can talk to clients; complete reports; and do other tasks; someone who is able to work with diverse populations; has a sense of humor and has a strong sense of boundaries.
This person will work with executive director in administering programs. Develops and implements guidelines and policies with the purpose of ensuring compliance with government regulations as well as maintaining alignment with the organization’s mission. Monitors effectiveness of programs, making adjustments as needed.
Because the program assistant’s role is contingent upon a fully funded budget, he/she works in tandem with development to secure funds, donations and grants to meet budgetary requirements. Additionally, they serve as the face of programs to community. As such, they attend community events in an effort to build and maintain relationships.
Who We Are:
Our Mission: LASA is a community supported agency committed to the prevention of both homelessness and recurrent homelessness.
We are a 23 year old non profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of the households we work with. We are growing and invite you to grow with us.
Provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects. Facilitate the building of a smooth working environment.
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Maintains files on grants and contracts.
- Assist in the preparation of grants
- Completes HMIS reports.
- Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; and establishing networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Reporting Skills, Administrative writing, Microsoft Office , Managing Processes, Organization, Analyzing Information , Professional demeanor, Problem Solving, Supply Management, Inventory Control, Command of HMIS/OBE ;Verbal Communication Able to pick up 45 pounds.
- We are in a temporary location on the second floor of a church which requires the ability to walk up stairs. We will move to our permanent location at the end of this year.
- No calls please