The Lakewood City Council will meet on Monday, March 3, 2014 (7:00 P.M.) in the City of Lakewood’s City Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499). Following is the meeting agenda.
Call to Order
City Manager Report
Proclamations and Presentations
- Youth Council Report.
- Proclamation declaring March 10 – 14, 2014 as Classified Schools Employee week. – Ms. Irene Oda, President of Educational Support Personnel of Clover Park School District
- Clover Park School District Board Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 5) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of February 18, 2014.
(11) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of February 24, 2014.
(16) C. Approval of payroll checks in the amount of $2,216,772.23, for the period January 16, 2014 through February 15, 2014.
(18) D. Approval of claim vouchers in the amount of $862,360.63, for the period January 23, 2014 through February 24, 2014.
(48) E. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of December 9, 2013.
- Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of January 6, 2014.
- Planning Advisory Board meeting minutes of January 15, 2014.
- Human Services Funding Advisory Board meeting minutes of January 16, 2014.
- Citizens’ Transportation Advisory Committee meeting minutes of January 28, 2014.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(64) Motion No. 2014-11
Reappointing Jason Gerwen to serve on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board through September 19, 2016. – Mayor
(71) Resolution No. 2014-04
Adopting the Legacy Plan relative to the parks and recreation program. – Parks, Recreation and Community Services Director
(74) Amended Ordinance No. 579 relative to Chapter 8.76 of the Lakewood Municipal Code regarding parks. – City Attorney
( 99) Motion No. 2014-12: Authorizing the execution of an agreement with the United States Golf Association, in the amount of $40,000, for parking at Ft. Steilacoom Park during the US Open golf tournament from June 15 through 21, 2015. – Parks, Recreation and Community Services Director
(108) Motion No. 2014-13: Authorizing the execution of an agreement with Stewart MacNichols Harmell, Inc., for public defense services through January 31, 2015. – Assistant to the City Manager/Executive Assistant
(119) Motion No. 2014-14: Approving the replacement of computers, monitors and purchase of Microsoft Office licenses. – Assistant City Manager/Administrative Services
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments