The Pierce County Library System will be hosting a series of “Life After High School” events at various libraries over the next few months.
Alternatives to College: Apprenticeships – Interested in construction or a trade career? Find out what apprenticeship alternatives to college are available.
Building Credit – Discover the impact of credit reports and credit scores, benefits of having good credit and ten keys to effective credit building.
Buying Your First Car – Walk with through all aspects of the car buying process in this interactive course.
Community and Technical Colleges – Learn about options and discover what it takes to apply, pay for and succeed in Washington state community and technical colleges with a panel of advisors and current students.
Planning for College – Explore options for college expenses, including tax-free savings plans, government loans, scholarships, grants and lines of credit.
SAT Practice Test – Take a free, full-length practice SAT to get ready for the real test. Registration required. Register online @ piercecountylibrary.org/
SAT Test Results – For Parents and Students – Learn about college admissions and pick up tips for test preparation and overcoming text anxiety.
What Does it Take? For Parents and Students – Understand admission requirements for Washington state colleges and universities.
Lakewood Pierce County Library, 6300 Wildaire Road S.W., Lakewood, WA 98499 • 253-548-3302
- Buying Your First Car – Wednesday, April 2, 4 – 5 p.m.
- Building Credit – Thursday, May 1, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Parkland/Spanaway Pierce County Library, 13718 Pacific Ave. S., Tacoma, WA 98444 • 253-548-3304
- SAT Practice Test – Saturday, March 15, 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- SAT Test Results – Tuesday, March 25, 7 – 8 p.m.
- What Does it Take? – Saturday, May 17, 1 – 2 p.m.
South Hill Pierce County Library, 15420 Meridian E., South Hill, WA 98375 • 253-548-3303
- Alternatives to College: Apprenticeships – Wednesday, May 7, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Buying Your First Car – Wednesday, May 14, 4 – 5 p.m.
University Place Pierce County Library, 3609 Market Place W., Suite 100 98466 • 253-548-3307
- Building Credit – Wednesday, April 9, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.