Please join us on Saturday, March 8th for the 4th Annual Bia – Ceol- Damhsa, an evening of Irish food, music and dance to support the St. Leo Food Connection, which operates a number of emergency food programs, including:
- The St. Leo Food Connection, one of the the largest food banks in Pierce County.
- The Springbrook Mobile Food Bank, serving more than 150 households weekly.
- A Backpack Program that provides two days worth of kid-friendly food to more than 750 Tacoma and Clover Park Public School students on Fridays throughout the school year.
- Summer Meals sites in Pierce and Skagit County that serve lunch and a snack to more than 700 children on weekdays throughout the summer
- An After-School Snack and Meal Program that serves children in Tacoma’s Hilltop neighborhood
Melissa Curtis, Director of Evolution Dance came to the Food Connection with the idea for this event three years ago.
“I teach non-?competitive Irish dance choosing to focus on performance rather than competing,” says Curtis. “One of the things ?I’d like to do more of is use my “talent” to help others. Since my talent seems to be teaching ?Irish dance I thought I’d add a social justice piece to my dance program. I immediately thought of ?The Food Connection as hunger has hugely impacted the Irish people and changed the course of their ?history with the famine in the 1800’s.”
Tickets are $50 and include dinner, drinks, Irish music and an Irish dance performance by Evolution Dance. Specialty Irish cocktails and raffle tickets will be available for purchase as well. Bia – Ceol- Damhsa will be held at St. Patrick’s School (1112 N G Street, Tacoma) from 6:00 – 10:00 on Saturday, March 9th. For more information or to order your tickets please contact Kevin Glackin-Coley at (253) 572-9405 or email@example.com.