The Lakewood City Council will hold a Study Session on Monday, November 25, 2013 following City Council Special Meeting in the City of Lakewood’s Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499). Following is the Study Session Agenda:
Call to Order
Items for Discussion:
( 1) 1. Review of the Living Access Support Alliance Prairie Oaks Section 108 loan. – (Memorandum)
(26) 2. Review of the 2014 proposed lodging tax funding allocations. – (Memorandum)
(29) 3. Economic Development and Development Services update. – (Memorandum)
(34) 4. Review of the South Sound Military and Communities Partnership 2014 Memorandum of Agreement. – (Memorandum)
(46) 5. 2013-2014 Mid-Biennial Budget Review, Proposed 2013 Budget Amendments. – (Memorandum)
(64) 6. Review of the Comprehensive Plan visioning process and request for consulting services. – (Memorandum)
(69) 7. Review of amendments to the criminal code. – (Memorandum)
(71) 8. Review of amendments to Chapter 2.16 of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to the Municipal Court judge salary and caseload. – (Memorandum)
Briefing by the City Manager
Items Tentatively Scheduled for the December 2, 2013 Regular City Council Meeting:
- Item Nos. 1, 2, 4, 7 and 8 above.
- Swearing-in ceremony of new Councilmember.
- This is the date set for a public hearing on the proposed 2013-2014 biennial budget amendments.
- Confirming the appointment of a Municipal Court Judge. – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
- Confirming the City Manager’s appointment of Stafford Smith as Hearings Examiner and Phil Olbrechts as Hearings Examiner Pro-Tem and authorizing the execution of agreements for said services. – (Motion- Regular Agenda)
- Approving the street vacation for a portion of 104th Street Court right-of-way. – (Ordinance – Regular Agenda)
- Authorizing the execution of an agreement with the Humane Society for Tacoma-Pierce County, in the amount of $106,050, for animal sheltering services from January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014. – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
- Authorizing the execution of a grant agreement with the Washington State Department of Ecology, in the amount of $300,000 for the stormwater outfall program. – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
City Council Comments