The Lakewood City Council will meet on Monday, November 4, 2013 (7:00 P.M.) in the City of Lakewood’s City Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499). Following is the meeting agenda:
Call to Order
City Manager Report
Proclamations and Presentations
Youth Council Report.
Clover Park School District Board Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of October 21, 2013.
( 8) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of October 28, 2013
(13) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 113059 to 113066 and direct deposits and automated clearing house in the amount of $928,839.52 for the period October 1 – 15, 2013.
(14) D. Approval of claim voucher numbers 73221 to 73353, in the amount of $1,232,505.37 for the period ending October 17, 2013.
(30) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 12112352 and 73354 to 73405, in the amount of $183,549.95 for the period ending October 23, 2013.
(36) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 73406, in the amount of $800,000.00 for the period ending October 28, 2013.
(38) G. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
Public Safety Advisory Committee meeting minutes of July 3, 2013 and September 4, 2013.
Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of September 24, 2013.
Human Services Funding Advisory Board meeting minutes of September 19, 2013.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
Public Hearings and Appeals
(52) This is the date set for a public hearing on the 2014 property tax levy.
(56) Ordinance No. 568
Amending Sections 5.02.010, 5.02,040, 5.02.080, 5.02.190 and creating Section 5.02.171 of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to general business licenses. – Assistant City Manager for Development Services
( 64) Motion 2013-50
Awarding a bid to KBH Construction, Inc., in the amount of $524,485, for traffic signal improvements at Custer Road SW and John Dower Road SW. – Public Works Director
( 69) Motion 2013-51
Awarding a bid to Totem Electric of Tacoma, in the amount of $774,375, for modification to 48 traffic signals. – Public Works Director
( 73) Motion 2013-52
Authorizing the execution of a grant agreement with the Washington State Department of Ecology, in the amount of $50,000, for the 2013-2015 National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System. – Public Works Director
( 94) Motion 2013-53
Adopting the legislative policy manual and 2013-2014 biennial legislative agenda. – City Manager
(100) Motion 2013-54
Authorizing the execution of an agreement with Gordon Thomas Honeywell Governmental Affairs, in the amount of $55,000, for state government relations services. – City Manager
(108) Motion 2013-55
Authorizing the execution of an interlocal agreement with the cities of Tacoma, Fife, Sumner, Bonney Lake, Puyallup and the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department, Pierce County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, Washington State Patrol, and Pierce Transit relative to the Auto Crime Enforcement multi-jurisdictional task force to respond, prevent and investigate auto theft and related crimes. – Police Chief
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments