The Lakewood City Council will hold a Study Session on Monday, October 28, 2013 (7:00 P.M.) in the City of Lakewood’s City Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499). Following is the Study Session agenda:
Call to Order
Items for Discussion:
( 1) 1. Joint meeting with the Lakewood’s Promise Advisory Board.
( 3) 2. Sound Transit Long Range Plan Update. – Ms. Chelsea Levy, Government & Community Relations Officer, Sound Transit.
(15) 3. Review of the parks and streets survey results. – (Memorandum)
(63) 4. Review of proposed amendments to Chapter 5.02 of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to general business licenses. – (Memorandum)
(70) 5. Point Defiance Bypass Rail Update. – (Memorandum)
(81) 6. Legislative policy manual and 2013-2014 legislative biennial agenda update. – (Memorandum)
(88) 7. Review of the 2014 state government relations contract. – (Memorandum)
Briefing by the City Manager
Items Tentatively Scheduled for the November 4, 2013 Regular City Council Meeting:
- Item Nos. 4, 6 and 7 above.
- This is the date set for a public hearing on the 2014 property tax levy. (Public Hearing – Regular Agenda)
- Awarding a bid for traffic signal upgrades at Custer Road and John Dower Road. – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
- Awarding a bid for city-wide safety improvements. – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
- Authorizing the execution of an interlocal agreement with the cities of Tacoma, Fife, Sumner, Bonney Lake, Puyallup and the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department relative to the Auto Crime Enforcement multi-jurisdictional task force to respond, prevent and investigate auto theft and related crimes. – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
- Authorizing the execution of a grant agreement with the Washington State Department of Ecology, in the amount of $50,000, for the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System. – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
City Council Comments