The Lakewood City Council will meet on Monday, August 19, 2013 (7:00 P.M.) in the City of Lakewood’s City Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499). Following is the meeting agenda:
Call to Order
City Manager Report
Proclamations and Presentations
- Recognition of Commencement Bay Rowing Club’s US Rowing Youth Championships. – Mr. Brandon Snow, Director of Rowing Operations and Mr. Dan Packard, Head Coach, Commencement Bay Rowing Club
- Recognition of Lakewood YMCA’s National Gymnastics Championship. – Mr. Clayton DeNault, Executive Director and Mr. Kevin Milliren, Gymnastics Director and Head Coach, YMCA
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of August 5, 2013.
( 7) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of August 12, 2013.
(11) C. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Special Meeting of August 12, 2013.
(13) D. Approval of payroll check numbers 113014 to 113024 and direct deposits and automated clearing house in the amount of $1,226,071.68 for the period July 16 – 31, 2013.
(14) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 72322 to 72413, in the amount of $658,176.62 for the period ending August 8, 2013.
(24) F. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of July 1, 2013.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(29) Motion No. 2013-32
Appointing Sisay Telahun to the Citizens’ Transportation Advisory Committee through November 15, 2014. – Mayor
(33) Motion No. 2013-33
Appointing members to the Youth Council for the 2013-2014 school year. – Mayor
(55) Motion No. 2013-34
Authorizing the execution of a grant agreement with the Washington Military Department, in the amount of $61,531 for Emergency
Preparedness Planning from June 1, 2013 to August 31, 2014. – Police Chief
(66) Motion No. 2013-35
Authorizing the execution of a grant agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice, in the amount of $53,590, for the Detection and Prevention of Illegal Purchasing of Stolen Metals program. – Police Chief
(79) Motion No. 2013-36
Authorizing the execution of an interlocal agreement with the Clover Park School District relative to the purchase of fuel for City vehicles. – Finance Manager
Briefing by the City Manager
(83) Quarterly Budget Report
City Council Comments