The Lakewood City Council will meet Monday, August 5 at 7:00 P.M. at Clover Park Technical College Rotunda, Building 3, 4500 Steilacoom Boulevard, Lakewood, WA 98499.
The agenda is as follows:
Call to Order
City Manager Report
Proclamations and Presentations
Proclamation recognizing Dr. John Walstrum for dedicated service as President of Clover Park Technical College. – Dr. John Walstrum
Recognizing Staff Sergeant Marcus Taylor for heroic action during an apartment fire. – Staff Sergeant Marcus Taylor
Proclamation recognizing Lakewood Library’s 50th anniversary. – Ms. Kim Archer, Branch Manager, Lakewood Library and Ms. Jaime Prothro, Customer Experience Manager
Clover Park School District Board Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of July 15, 2013.
( 7) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of July 22, 2013.
(12) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 113002 to 113013 and direct deposits and automated clearing house in the amount of $920,301.80 for the period July 1 – 15, 2013.
(13) D. Approval of claim voucher numbers 13019, 13020, 72030 to 72154, in the amount of $575,041.23 for the period ending July 18, 2013.
(27) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 13023, 11647235 and 72155 to 72250, in the amount of $592,537.22 for the period ending July 25, 2013.
(38) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 72251 to 72252, in the amount of $6,027.65 for the period ending July 26, 2013.
(39) G. Approval of claim voucher numbers 72253 to 72321, in the amount of $257,855.69 for the period ending August 1, 2013.
(47) H. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
Redevelopment Advisory Board meeting minutes of June 11, 2013.
Planning Advisory Board meeting minutes of June 19, 2013.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(52) Ordinance No. 566
Amending Sections 9A.14.010 and 9A.14.030 and creating Sections 9A.14.005 and 9A.14.040 of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to firearms, dangerous weapons, and explosives. – Acting City Attorney
(59) Resolution No. 2013-16
Endorsing the Pierce County Library System as a non-city entity to participate in the Association of Washington Cities Employee Benefit Trust. – Human Resources Director
(61) Motion No. 2013-30
Authorizing the execution of a grant agreement with the Washington Auto Theft Prevention Authority, in the amount of $871,744.37, for the Auto Crime Enforcement Task Force program from July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2015. – Police Chief
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments