The Lakewood City Council will meet on Monday, July 15, 2013 (7:00 P.M.) in the City of Lakewood’s City Council Chambers, 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499. Following is the meeting agenda:
Call to Order
City Manager Report
Proclamations and Presentations
Proclamation remembering Mike Carrell, former Senator of the 28th Legislative District. – Ms. Michelle Lewis
Recognizing the Best of the South Sound winners. – Chambers Creek Veterinary Hospital, Dr. Amber Marie Thiessen; Harborstone Credit Union, Ms. Vicky Nelson, Business Sales & Service Director; Infusion Interior Design, Ms. Barb Williams and Ms. Janet DeTray, Co-owners; and Fort Steilacoom Dog Park, Ms. Mary Dodsworth, Lakewood Parks & Recreation Director
Presentation of the West-Pierce Fire District levy – Fire Chief Jim Sharp
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of July 1, 2013.
( 7) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of July 8, 2013.
(12) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 112956 to 112970 and direct deposits and automated clearing house in the amount of $1,367,337.88 for the period June 16 – 30, 2013.
(13) D. Approval of claim voucher numbers 71800 to 71876, in the amount of $228,789.79 for the period ending June 27, 2013.
(22) E. Approval of claim voucher number 71877, in the amount of $13,170.82 for the period ending June 27, 2013.
(23) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 900271 and 71878 to 71948 in the amount of $221,756.60 for the period ending July 3, 2013.
(30) G. Approval of claim voucher number 71949 in the amount of $481.25 for the period ending July 8, 2013.
(31) H. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
Redevelopment Advisory Board meeting minutes of May 14, 2013.
Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of June 3, 2013.
Citizens’ Transportation Advisory Committee meeting minutes of June 4, 2013.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(41) Motion No. 2013-27
Reappointing Bryan Thomas and Aaron Young to serve on the Public Safety Advisory Committee through August 6, 2016. – Mayor
(49) Resolution No. 2013-14
Adopting the 2014-2019 Six Year Transportation Improvement Program. – Public Works Director
(78) Resolution No. 2013-15
Approving the Comprehensive Plan Public Participation Program. – Assistant City Manager for Development Services
(91) Motion No. 2013-28
Authorizing the execution of an amendment to the agreement with the Washington State Patrol, in the amount of $87,000, relative to the Missing and Exploited Children Task Force program through June 30, 2014. – Police Chief
(95) Motion No. 2013-29
Authorizing the execution of an interlocal agreement with the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, in the amount of $90,000, for the Western State Hospital policing program. – Police Chief
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments