LAKEWOOD – At approximately 8:30 a.m., Friday, West Pierce Fire & Rescue was dispatched to a fire at a strip mall, located at 3901 100th Street SW in Lakewood. Crews arrived to smoke coming from the eaves of the building and a fire inside one of the suites.
There are five businesses in this building and the fire was contained to the unit of origin by the activation of the sprinkler system. Early detection is imperative when it comes to saving lives and property and had this building not been equipped with a sprinkler system, the damage and loss would have been much greater.
There were no injuries during this incident and the fire is currently under investigation.