The Lakewood City Council will hold a Study Session on Monday, July 8 (7 p.m.) in the City of Lakewood’s Council Chambers (6000 Main St., Lakewood). Following is the Study Session agenda:
Call to Order
Items for Discussion:
- Legislative update. – Ms. Briahna Taylor
(1) 2. Lodging tax update. – (Memorandum)
(7) 3. Joint meeting with the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee.
(8) 4. Review of the Comprehensive Plan Public Participation Program. – (Memorandum)
(43) 5. Review of a proposed expansion to the Sound Transit Station connector project. – (Memorandum)
Briefing by the City Manager
Items Tentatively Scheduled for the July 15, 2013 City Council Regular Meeting:
- Item Nos. 4 and 5 above.
- Recognizing the Best of the South Sound winners. – Chambers Creek Veterinary Hospital, Dr. Amber Marie Thiessen; Harborstone Credit Union, Ms. Vicky Nelson, Business Sales & Service Director; Infusion Interior Design, Ms. Barb Williams and Ms. Janet DeTray, Co-owners; and Fort Steilacoom Dog Park, Ms. Mary Dodsworth, Lakewood Parks & Recreation Director
- Presentation of the West-Pierce Fire District levy. – Fire Chief Jim Sharp
- Appointing individuals to serve on the Public Safety Advisory Committee through August 6, 2016. – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
- Adopting the 2014-2019 Six Year Transportation Improvement Program – (Resolution – Regular Agenda)
- Authorizing the execution of an amendment to the agreement with the Washington State Patrol, in the amount of $87,000, relative to the Missing and Exploited Children Task Force program through June 30, 2014. – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
- Authorizing the execution of an agreement with the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, in the amount of $90,000, for the Western State Hospital policing program. – (Motion -Regular Agenda)
City Council Comments
Lakewood Transportation Benefit District Board meeting (which follows the Lakewood City Council Study Session) agenda:
Call to Order
(1) Approval of the meeting minutes of March 25, 2013.
(3) Review of the State of the Streets.
(18) Review of proposed funding options.
(24) Review of proposed survey.