The City of Lakewood is accepting applications to fill two (2) vacancies on the Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Board.
DESCRIPTION: The Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Board (CDBG/CAB) shall advise the Lakewood City Council on matters related to the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Act (HOME) programs which may include:
- Facilitate cooperation and coordination with City staff on CDBG and HOME funding issues.
- Recommend to the City Council programs for funding out of CDBG funds, recommend CDBG and HOME funding allocations, including development of housing strategies.
- Hold public hearings to receive public comments to identify community and housing needs and development of proposed activities.
- Develop recommendations for the Consolidated Plan, Action Plan and other related documents.
- Perform other CDBG and HOME related duties and functions as assigned by the City Council.
QUALIFICATIONS: Members shall be residents of the City unless the Council finds that appointment of a non-resident, by virtue of business involvement or expertise, will benefit the Committee and ultimately the City.
MEMBERSHIP: Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
TERMS OF OFFICE: 3 year terms.
ATTENDANCE: Individuals appointed are expected to attend meetings regularly. The Council expects to be informed in the event any Committee, Board or Commission member has three unexcused absences. The Council, may in the event of three unexcused absences, dismiss the individual from service.
EXPECTATIONS: Adhere to City of Lakewood’s Code of Ethics, regular attendance at meetings, mutual respect among members, good listener, and flexible.
APPLICATIONS: Applications are available at:
Lakewood City Hall
City Clerk’s Office
6000 Main Street SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
FURTHER INFORMATION: Contact Alice M. Bush, City Clerk, at (253) 589-2489.
DEADLINE: Applications must be received in the Office of the City Clerk by
5:00 p.m., Monday, August 5, 2013.