By Robin Rego, President
The Lakewood United group meets at 7 AM every Thursday at Burs Restaurant, which is located at 6151 Steilacoom Boulevard SW in Lakewood. The events for the next four weeks are as follows:
- July 4, 2013 – No meeting – Happy Independence Day
- July 11, 2013 – Sequestration and JBLM – Kristiné M. Reeves, Office of US Senator, Patty Murray, South Sound Regional Director & Statewide Veterans Constituency Coordinator (Kris Kauffman – MC)
- July 18, 2013 – “43,000 Jobs in Pierce County and 113,000 Jobs in Washington State – Port of Tacoma Ten Year Strategic Plan” – Connie Bacon, Port Commissioner (Karen Lebeter – MC)
- July 25, 2013 – “Lakewold Gardens: Looking towards 25 years of serving the public” – Stephanie Walsh, Executive Director (Evelyn Kelly – MC)
- August 1, 2013 – “The Redevelopments of the Lakewood Towne Center – Past and Present” – Tony Nastansky, Senior Property Manager and Penny Quinn, New Property Manager, RPAI US Management (Retail Properties of America, Inc.) (Steve Smith – MC)
We welcome Lakewood City Council member, Marie Barth who has agreed to serve on our governing Board and we thank Jim Beaudoin who has just finished his two year term and is stepping down.
The dues for our fiscal year, which started on July 1, 2013, are $20 per year. This equates to less than 40 cents every Thursday, thanks to our volunteer board. Incidentally, our guest speakers only charge us the cost of a breakfast. You can pay your dues by mail to: Lakewood United, P.O. Box 99785, Lakewood, WA 98496 or directly to our Treasurer, John Huber, if he is present at the weekly Thursday morning events.
Burs Restaurant does not charge us a room fee. Hence, please ensure that you at least order a beverage if you attend the meeting and remember to leave a gratuity.
If you wish to make suggestions for future topics or speakers, please contact any of our board members Marie Barth, Don Daniels, Ernest Heller, John Huber, Kris Kauffman, Evelyn Kelly, Karen Lebeter, Pamela Maddess, Steve Smith, Herb Stumpf or Robin Rego.
For those of you who are only receiving this notice as a handout at the weekly meetings and would like to get it by email, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, or if you are a visitor, you can note your name and email address on the Sign Up sheet at the Thursday morning events. Lakewood United is now on Facebook: www.facebook.com/
Our website: www.thesubtimes.com/