The Lakewood City Council will meet on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 (7 p.m.) in the City Lakewood’s City Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW). Following is the Study Session agenda:
Call to Order
Items for Discussion:
(1) 1. Review of housing policies and vision for housing in Lakewood. – (Memorandum)
(21) 2. Review of building regulations.
- Review of Ordinance No. 563 – (Continued from the meeting of May 20, 2013) – Repealing Chapter 15A.24 and creating Chapter 15A.34 of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to unfit dwellings, buildings and structures. – (Memorandum)
- Review of the proposed amendments to the International Building Codes. – (Memorandum)
(72) 3. Joint meeting with the Planning Advisory Board.
(74) 4. Review of a proposed South Sound 911 agreement. – (Memorandum)
Briefing by the City Manager
Items Tentatively Scheduled for the June 3, 2013 Regular City Council Meeting:
- Items No. 2 and 4 above.
- Update on the City Manager recruitment process. – Mr. Greg Prothman, Prothman Company
- Setting Monday, July 1, 2013, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the Six Year Transportation Improvement Program. – (Resolution – Consent Agenda)
- Authorizing the execution of an interlocal agreement with the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, in the amount of $462,000, for the Western State Hospital Community Partnerships program. – (Motion – Consent Agenda)
- Authorizing the sale of Lakewood Police Canine Felon as surplus property. – (Resolution – Regular Agenda)
- Awarding a bid for the construction of sidewalks and overlay on Bridgeport Way from 112th Street SW to 59th Avenue SW. – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
- Authorizing the City Manager to execute a consultant agreement with Transpo Group, Inc. in the amount of $158,697.00 for signal and illumination design services associated with the Madigan Access Improvement Project.- (Motion – Regular Agenda)
City Council Comments