By Kim Prentice, Director of Community Relations
The Clover Park School District (CPSD) and Clover Park Education Association (CPEA) recently set the 2013 -14 school year calendar. Dates for parent teacher conferences and professional development half days will be determined at a later date.
The 2013-14 school year calendar is posted on the district’s website and information will be sent to families through each school. Dates for parent teacher conferences and professional development will be added to the calendar as they become available.
The calendar dates for the 2013-14 school year are:
- Professional Development 27 (All Certificated Staff)
- Professional Development (Elementary) 28
- Professional Development (Secondary) 29
- Labor Day 2
- First Day of School 3
- Veterans Day (no school) 11
- Early Release 27
- Thanksgiving Break (no school) 28-29
- Winter Break (no school) 23-31
- Winter Break 1-3
- Martin Luther King, Jr. (no school) 20
- Semester Break (no school, estimated date) 31
- Presidents Day Weekend Break (no school) 14-17
- Spring Break 31
- Spring Break 1-4
- No School Day 23 (snow make-up day, if needed)
- Memorial Day (no school) 26
- Last day of school (early release) 13
District and teachers’ union representatives are pleased with the 2013 -14 school year calendar.
“Both organizations had great interest in increasing the number of instructional days prior to state testing,” said CPSD superintendent Debbie LeBeau and CPEA president Sam Fitzgerald. “The 2013-14 calendar gives us additional instructional days and we are pleased to provide the information to our families and staff in a timely manner so they can make plans for the coming school year.”