The Lakewood City Council will meet on Monday, May 6 (7 pm) in the City of Lakewood’s City Council Chambers at 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499. Following is the meeting agenda:
Call to Order
City Manager Report
Proclamations and Presentations
Youth Council Report.
Recognizing the Daffodil princesses.
Recognizing the Clover Park School District STEM students.
Proclamation declaring May 6 -10, 2013, Teacher Appreciation Week. – Mr. Sam Fitzgerald, president of the Clover Park Education Association
Clover Park School District Board Report.
Recognizing Army Specialist Ryan Newberry. – Specialist Ryan Newberry
Update on 4/2 Stryker Brigade. – Specialist Jacqueline Walker
Presentation of the US Open – Ms. Denise Dyer, Economic Development Director and Mr. Kevin Phelps, Deputy County Executive, Pierce County
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
(1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of April 15, 2013.
(7) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of April 22, 2013.
(11) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 112922 to 112932 and direct deposits and automated clearing house in the amount of $863,050.17, for the period April 1 – 15, 2013.
(12) D. Approval of payroll check numbers 112933 to 112945 and direct deposits and automated clearing house in the amount of $1,191,116.40, for the period April 16 – 30, 2013.
(13) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 130055, 900270 and 70840 to 70949, in the amount of $598,936.65, for the period ending April 11, 2013.
(24) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 11120991, and 70950 to 71050, in the amount of $274,553.41 for the period ending April 18, 2013.
(35) G. Approval of claim voucher numbers 71051 to 71108, in the amount of $401,680.52, for the period ending April 25, 2013.
(42) H. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
Human Services Funding Advisory Board meeting minutes of March 21, 2013.
Public Safety Advisory Committee meeting minutes of March 5, 2013.
Citizens’ Transportation Advisory Committee meeting minutes of April 9, 2013.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(52) Ordinance No. 561
Vacating a portion of Chicago Avenue SW. – Public Works Director
(62) Resolution No. 2013-06
Approving the Fiscal Year 2013 Draft Consolidated Annual Action Plan and Fiscal Years 2010, 2011 and 2012 Consolidated Annual Action Plan Amendments and the proposed use of funds. – Assistant City Manager for Development Services
(139) Motion No. 2013-18
Authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with Cascade Right-of-Way Services, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $57,010, for professional right-of-way acquisition services for the Gravelly Lake Drive – 100th Street to Bridgeport Way improvement project. – Public Works Director
(148) Motion No. 2013-19
Authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with Cascade Right-of-Way Services, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $88,200, for right-of-way acquisition services for the South Tacoma Way – SR512 to 96th Street improvement project. – Public Works Director
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments