By Suzi Riley, City of Lakewood
The city of Lakewood will participate in its 12th annual Parks Appreciation Day event Saturday, April 20, from 9:00 am to noon at the following park sites:
- Fort Steilacoom Park (8714 -87th Avenue SW)
- Kiwanis Park (6002 Fairlawn Drive SW – corner of Bridgeport Way SW and Fairlawn Drive SW)
- Harry Todd Park (8928 North Thorne Lane SW – take exit #123 off of I-5)
- Wards Lake Park (2511 – 88th Street South – 88th street off of South Tacoma Way) and
- Seeley Lake Park (9112 Lakewood Drive SW)
Be a Proud Participant: Plant – Prune – Push – Pull – Play!! Volunteers are invited to come to one of these park sites Saturday morning to spruce up the facility for the spring/summer season. Volunteers should dress for the weather, bring garden tools with their name marked on them, and plan to work alongside other Lakewood residents who share a passion for the outdoors and our community’s park facilities. See you Saturday morning! If you have questions, please call Suzi at 253-983-7758.