The Lakewood City Council will meet on Monday, April 15, 2013 at 7:00 P.M. in the City of Lakewood’s City Council Chambers at 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499. Following is the meeting agenda:
Call to Order
City Manager Report
Proclamations and Presentations
Proclamation recognizing Ken Sharp, West-Pierce Fire District. – Former Fire Chief Ken Sharp
Proclamation declaring April 20, 2013 as Parks Appreciation Day. – Mr. Jason Gerwen, Chair, Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
Proclamation on Pierce County Reads and presentation of the Pierce County Library’s 2012 Annual Report. – Ms. Neel Parikh, Director, Pierce County Library
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
(1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of April 1, 2013.
(7) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of April 8, 2013.
(11) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 112908 to 112921 and direct deposits and automated clearing house in the amount of $1,316,201.39, for the period March 16 – 31, 2013.
(12) D. Approval of claim voucher numbers 900269 and 70664 through 70733, in the amount of $762,330.45 for the period ending March 28, 2013.
(21) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 70734 through 70837, in the amount of $248,275.09 for the period ending April 4, 2013.
(33) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 70838 through 70839, in the amount of $13,295.00 for the period ending April 4, 2013.
(34) G. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of March 4, 2013.
Landmarks and Heritage Advisory Board meeting minutes of January 24, 2013.
Redevelopment Advisory Board meeting minutes of March 12, 2013.
Citizens’ Transportation Advisory Committee meeting minutes of March 26, 2013.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
Public Hearings and Appeals
(47) This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council on the proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Draft Consolidated Annual Action Plan and Fiscal Years 2010, 2011 and 2012 Consolidated Annual Action Plan Amendments and the proposed use of funds.
(48) This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council on the proposed vacation of Chicago Avenue SW right-of-way.
(53) Ordinance No. 560
Amending Sections 12A.16.020, and 12A.16.040 and creating Section 12A.16.025 of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to the Transportation Benefit District. – Acting City Attorney
Briefing by the City Manager
Council Priority: Maintain and enhance public safety.
City Council Comments