Story & Photos – Joseph Boyle
While we do not wish to slander the Islander, 15 of us at Towne Center Starbucks were wondering why the Islander is making a habit of parking this truck facing the wrong way in the drive-through lane at Starbucks.
This spot is meant for cars travelling in the opposite direction through the drive-through. Drivers using the drive-through lane move forward to clear the lane and then can pull left to wait for items that are to be delivered to them at the curb by Starbucks Baristas.
Now the entire drive-through lane is messed up and many people are inconvenienced because this truck owner has parked in what appears to be an inconsiderate manner. The Islander has done so twice, that we know of.
We tried to figure out why the Islander would drive like this. A list of some of our theories is as follows: (Note: Some of the suggestions were not printable in a family friendly newspaper.)
- The windows are tinted too darkly, so they can’t see they where they are going.
- The driver was texting while parking.
- The driver is legally blind.
- The driver is drunk.
- The driver is on drugs.
- The driver feels the world revolves around him or her and no one else matters.
- The driver has a suspended driver’s license.
- People are inconsiderate on the “island” all the time, so what difference does it make?
- The driver is well off financially and does not care if the truck is towed away.
- The driver is willing to take the risk even if they anger someone to the point of getting their paint “keyed”. (Reminder, Keying someone’s paint job constitutes the crime of Malicious Mischief or Vandalism.) That, of course is a technicality in some folk’s minds. They will key them anyway.
If anyone out there knows the “Islander” please let them know they are irritating the world around them. It would be beneficial to all concerned if the Islander chose to be more courteous.