By Jayme Taylor, Communications Manager
Ten Clover Park School District teachers can officially call themselves “professionally certified” after working for the past two years. Through a partnership with Seattle University, the teachers attended monthly seminars—taught by other district teachers—and assembled a complex portfolio.
Overall, the teachers had to demonstrate that they met three specific standards—that their teaching resulted in student learning; knowledge and skills in professional development; and professional contributions to the improvement of the school, community and teaching profession.
The teachers were honored June 22, by their mentor teachers and colleagues.
· Eugene Bradshaw, Lochburn Middle School
· Sharon Ehlers, Lakeview Hope Academy
· Kathleen Friend, Elementary itinerant teacher
· Siri Gese, Lochburn Middle School
· Nicholas Jensen, Lakes High School
· Meggan Mattes-Zajac, Lakeview Hope Academy
· Tammy Perrine, Hillside Elementary School
· Charles Smith, Lochburn Middle School
· Jodi Strenge, Greenwood Elementary School
· Kristel Ward, Clover Park High School