By Paul Loveless, Steilacoom Town Administrator
Read a draft version of the minutes [Word] from the June 7 Town of Steilacoom Council Meeting.
- Council Meeting – July 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall.
- Planning Commission – June 13, 2011 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall.
- Preservation and Review Board – June 22, 2011 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall
Council Future Agenda “Look-Ahead” Issues:
- Copies of the Agenda and staff reports are available at all Town facilities once published. The Agenda and Council meeting minutes are posted to the Town’s official website.
Future Topics – Policy Related:
- Nuisance and Abatement procedures (Spring-Summer).
- Grown “Fences” (Spring-Summer).
- Storm Water Comprehensive Plan (Summer – Fall)
Future Topics – Administrative Related:
Six Year Transportation Improvement Plan (Public Hearing in July)
Investment Policy Update (July 5)
Street and Storm Water Utility Crew:
The Street and Storm Water Crew:
– Utilized the Cedar Creek work crew and performed maintenance on the surface water retention facility near the Public Safety Building.
– Continued cleaning catch basins and storm lines.
– Swept streets and performed other right-of-way maintenance.
– Next week, the Cedar Creek work crew will be utilized to clear the walking trail from Hewitt Drive to Chambers Creek Road.
Starling Street Project;
– Pre-construction meeting scheduled for 10:30 on Monday, June 13.
The Electric Crew:
– Energized approximately 3,000 feet of cable on Chambers Street between Sequalish Street and Beech Street.
– Responded to a contractor “dig-in” on Natalie Lane Thursday night.
– Hung the Farmers’ Market banners along each major entry way to Town.
Water and Sewer Crew:
The Water/Sewer Crew:
– The crew jetted portions of the system and performed other outdoor maintenance activities.
– Assisted the Electric Crew on the outage.
– The contractor completed work on the Sunnyside Pump Station building.
Buildings and Grounds:
The Buildings and Grounds Crew:
– The crew mowed or performed building maintenance.
Building Energy Efficiency Project:
– The work this week focused on HVAC installations.
Questions – Call Paul at 983-2074