The Lakewood City Council will meet on Monday, June 6, 2011 at 7:00 P.M. in the City of Lakewood, City Council Chambers on 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499. Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
Dedication of the Merchants Marine Flag. – Ms. Connie Buhl, Chapter President, Washington United States Merchant Marine Association Alumni Chapter
Partners for Parks presentation. – Mr. Mike Anderson, President, Partners for Parks
Youth Council Report.
Clover Park School District Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
(1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of May 16, 2011.
(7) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of May 23, 2011.
(11) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 112500 to 112504, direct deposits and automated clearing house, in the amount of $873,996.71, for the period May 1-15, 2011.
(12) D. Approval of claim voucher numbers 61219 to 61284, in the amount of $165,018.90, for the period ending May 12, 2011.
(19) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 900213, and 61285 to 61386, in the amount of $956,799.87, for the period ending May 19, 2011.
(31) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 900214 to 900217 and 61387 to 61481, in the amount of $732,716.87, for the period ending May 26, 2011.
(42) G. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Redevelopment Advisory Board meeting minutes of March 8, 2011.
- Human Services Funding Advisory Board meeting minutes of April 20, 2011.
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of April 19, 2011.
- Citizens’ Transportation Advisory Committee meeting minutes of April 26, 2011.
- Planning Advisory Board meeting minutes of March 9, 2011.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(59) Motion No. 2011-18
Appointing Sheri Badger to serve on the Public Safety Advisory Committee through August 6, 2012. – Mayor
(63) Ordinance No. 536
Amending Section 18A.50.630 of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to identification of signs in the English language. – Assistant City Manager for Development Services
(69) Motion No. 2011-19
Authorizing the execution of an interlocal agreement with Pierce County, City of Tacoma, and West Pierce Fire and Rescue to create a new agency, South Sound 9-1-1, to provide public safety communication services. – City Manager
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments