JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD, Wash. – How to focus corporate America’s attention on U.S. military service members, veterans and military family members when making hiring decisions.
Joint Base Lewis-McChord, in cooperation with Hire America’s Heroes (HAH), will welcome more than 200 corporate representatives to the base on Wednesday, May 18 to help them gain an understanding of military careers, skills, leadership and managerial traits of service members that could assist in their decision to hire military veterans.
7:30 – 8:30 Meet & Greet / Breakfast – JBLM and HAH will welcome the corporate representatives to JBLM and introduce the I Corps Deputy Commanding General and other senior leaders
8:30 – 12:30 Military Skill Round Robin – Attendees will be bused to five activities to showcase military occupational skills and careers, training, use of digital technology, and leadership
– 4th Squadron, 6th Air Cavalry helicopter display and flight simulator demonstration
– 2nd Stryker Brigade static vehicle and digital technology demonstration
– M4 rifle range—opportunity for corporate representatives to conduct live-fire
– Madigan Anderson Simulation Center to show technical skills of medical professionals
– C-17 Air Medical Evacuation Unit display to show unit’s specialty and global impact
1 p.m. Lunch – Guest speaker is Dana Bowman, Sgt. 1st Class, U.S. Army (Ret.), Special Forces Soldier, double amputee, and member of the Army’s elite Golden Knights Parachute Team. He was the first double amputee to re-enlist in the Army.
2-4 p.m. Panel discussions titled “Behind the scenes with Soldiers and Airmen,” that will inform corporate representatives about common traits of Service members, how to recognize rank, branch and military specialties, and more.
Hire America’s Heroes was formed May 8, 2007, and its purpose is to improve access to corporate jobs for transitioning military Service members, veterans, and military family members. For more info see www.hireamericasheroes.org/