The Pierce County Auditor’s Office will open its doors on Saturday, April 9 from 9 a.m. to noon to accept passport applications, and to provide marriage, pet, vehicle and boat licensing services. The office is located at the Pierce County Annex, 2401 S 35th St, Room 200, in Tacoma.
“Are you planning a trip, thinking ahead to boating season, or getting married soon? If so, we have created a special Saturday Fair to serve you,” said Julie Anderson, Pierce County Auditor.
This is the time of year when many people plan an escape to warmer weather or finalize wedding plans. And, for many of those customers, it’s difficult to take care of business during the workday. These special Saturday hours cater to these working families.
The Auditor holds two Saturday fairs every year. “We expect 300 citizens to access our services on Saturday,” predicted Anderson.
Come ready. Here’s what you need:
Passport applications require:
• Certified birth certificate or proof of US citizenship (photo copies not accepted).
• Driver’s license, Military ID, or State ID with additional proof of identity.
• Social Security number.
• Passport photos available for $12.
• Passport fees must be paid by check, cashier’s check or money order (cash not accepted).
Vehicle and boat licensing require:
• License plate number or registration.
• Boat registration number.
• Driver’s license or other valid identification.
• Emissions test, if necessary.
• Payment: cash or check only.
• Title transfers require signed title and odometer disclosure statement.
Marriage license applications require:
• Driver’s license, military ID, or state ID.
• License fee: $64 cash, cashier’s check, or money order (checks not accepted).
• Bride and groom must appear in person and be at least 18 years old.
• You must wait three days before the marriage.
• The license is valid for 60 days.
Pet licensing services:
• Purchase or renew pet licenses (Unincorporated Pierce County, Carbonado, South Prairie and
Wilkeson residents only).
• Proof of spay/neuter required.
The Pierce County Auditor’s Office is responsible for elections, licensing services, a variety of public records and animal control services. Find out more online at www.piercecountywa.org/auditor.