With the high-demand for healthcare employees in Pierce County, a new, free training opportunity has been made available to residents holding certifications in high-demand medical occupations that will help them build the soft skills needed to get a job.
The Medical Professional Development Training program will provide participants the opportunity to take customer service, business communications, time management, personal leadership, team leadership and Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel classes.
In addition to soft skills, graduates will also receive 8 college credits from Bates Technical College, as well as the opportunity to build their portfolio and leverage professional growth. The program will also allow graduates to apply first for healthcare positions with WorkForce Central’s business customers. Targeted individuals include those who are low income or unemployed.
The desired high-demand healthcare occupations include: Ambulatory Surgery Center Manager, Certified Coder Position, Clinic Lead, Clinic Office Manager, EMR Specialist/HIM Clerk, Front Office Receptionist, Medical Assistant, Medical Billers, Medical Records Clerk, MRI Technologist, RN and X-Ray Technologist.
Information sessions will be held at local libraries:
- Pierce County Library System:
- Bonney Lake: April 5, from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Buckley: April 6, from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Sumner: April 7, from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- South Hill: April 8, from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- University Place: April, 27, from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Lakewood: April 29, from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Puyallup Library: April 12 and 14, from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Tacoma Library: April 19 and 21, from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m., Olympic Room
If you plan on attending an information session, please bring copies of your medical certificate/s, transcripts, resume and reference.
Additional information sessions will be held during the month of April at Clover Park Technical College. For a complete listing of the information sessions, or for more information, visit www.workforce-central.org or contact Sabrina Steinback at (253) 583-8817.