By Paul Loveless, Town Administrator
- Council Meeting – April 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall.
- Civil Service Commission – April 6, 2011 at 4:30 PM at the Community Center.
- Parks Task Force – April 7, 2011 at 6:30 P.M at Town Hall.
- Planning Commission – April 11, 2011 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall.
- Preservation and Review Board – April 27, 2011 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall.
Council Future Agenda “Look-Ahead” Issues:
Copies of the Agenda and staff reports are available at all Town facilities once published. The Agenda and Council meeting minutes are posted to the Town’s official website.
Future Topics – Policy Related:
1. Nuisance and Abatement procedures (Spring-Summer).
2. Grown “Fences” (Spring-Summer).
3. Shoreline Management (Spring-Summer-Fall)
4. Storm Water Comprehensive Plan (Summer – Fall)
5. Harlock Park (Spring)
Spring Clean-up is April 16th and April 17th. Contact Terry Huber at 581-1912 if you would like to volunteer.
Confidential Document – Shredding Event:
The Town in conjunction with LeMay Mobile Shredding is hosting a confidential document shredding event tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 21st from 9 AM to Noon at the Public Works facility. There will be a 3 standard sized grocery bag limit per resident. There will be no charge for Town residents; however, we are requesting a donation of non-perishable foods items to be used for the Steilacoom Food Pantry.
Steilacoom Tribe – Journey From Past to Present:
Tribal Chair, master storyteller and cultural anthropologist Danny K. Marshall traces his peoples’ past, present and future in a free, public talk – “A Special Place in Time: Steilacoom Now…and Then” – on Thursday, May 5 at 7 p.m. in the Steilacoom Town Hall, 1717 Lafayette St.
Street and Storm Water Utility Crew:
The Street and Storm Water Crew:
– Reset equipment from snow and ice removal spring/summer set-up.
– Continued to monitor the slide area along Commercial Street.
– Jetted and vactored storm drain lines along Starling street.
– Installed temporary pot-hole patching.
– Performed right-of-way maintenance.
The Electric Crew:
– Repaired the heating system in the Town Hall map room.
– Performed vault maintenance in preparation for the Colbert Infrared study scheduled for next week.
– Responded to a ½ power issue at a residence on Champion Street.
Water and Sewer Crew:
The Water/Sewer Crew:
– The crew leader attended water and wastewater safety and updated regulation training.
– The crew continued working on the pumps and cleaning the Sunnyside Lift Station and assisted the other crews as needed.
Buildings and Grounds:
The Buildings and Grounds Crew:
– Finished the annual tree pruning in the parks.
– In conjunction with the Cedar Creek work crew, began replacing the railroad ties at Perkins Park. Next week, they will recut the flower beds along Martin Street abutting the park and rebark the area.
– Continued equipment maintenance in preparation for Spring activities/mowing.
Questions – Call Paul at 983-2074