By Paul Loveless, Town Administrator
- Council Meeting – April 5, 2011 at Town Hall.
- Planning Commission – March 25, 2011 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall
- Preservation and Review Board – March 23, 2011 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall.
Council Future Agenda “Look-Ahead” Issues:
Copies of the Agenda and staff reports are available at all Town facilities once published. The Agenda and Council meeting minutes are posted to the Town’s official website.
Future Topics – Policy Related:
1. Nuisance and Abatement procedures (Spring-Summer).
2. Grown “Fences” (Spring-Summer).
3. Shoreline Management (Spring-Summer-Fall)
4. Storm Water Comprehensive Plan (Summer – Fall)
5. Harlock Park (Spring)
Confidential Document – Shredding Event:
The Town in conjunction with LeMay Mobile Shredding is hosting a confidential document shredding event tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 21st from 9 AM to Noon at the Public Works facility. There will be a 3 standard sized grocery bag limit per resident. There will be no charge for Town residents; however, we are requesting a donation of non-perishable foods items to be used for the Steilacoom Food Pantry.
Shoreline Master Program Update:
The Planning Commission has been working on the update to the Town’s Shoreline Master Program. The Commission will begin a series of community forums to get input from the public on draft revisions to the Shoreline Master Program regulations.
The Community Forum will be held on March 28 at 6:30 PM in the Town Hall.
The update to the Master Program is proceeding according to the process set out in the Town’s grant from the Department of Ecology. Following the community forums, staff will present the proposals to the Council in a workshop this spring. The Department of Ecology will also review the draft.
Over the summer the draft will be further refined, undergo environmental review and final revisions. A final draft will then be brought to the Council for public hearings, revisions as necessary, and approval by June 2012
The 1973 Mack fire engine, replaced in 2010 and declared surplus by Council, was donated to the Browns’ Point Volunteer Fire Department for use in training.
Street and Storm Water Utility Crew:
The Street and Storm Water Crew:
– Cleaned storm grates and drains in anticipation for and in response to the adverse weather conditions this week and continued street sweeping and right-of-way maintenance.
– Repaired a small slide on Martin Street by installing additional matting/fabric.
– Jetted, cleared, and videoed storm drain lines along Starling and Sequalish streets.
The Electric Crew:
– Continued planning the repairs to the Cherrydale feeder in the areas which caused the unplanned outage on March 4th.
– Repaired both Sunnyside and Union Avenue wayside horns.
– Completed the programming for the Old Military Road school zone signs.
– Responded to a ½ power issue at a residence on Sequalish Street.
Water and Sewer Crew:
The Water/Sewer Crew:
– Continued working on the pumps as the Sunnyside Lift Station
– Continued sewer line jetting and fire hydrant maintenance.
Buildings and Grounds:
The Buildings and Grounds Crew:
– Continued the annual tree pruning in the parks.
– In conjunction with the Cedar Creek work crew, focused and cleaning and scrubbing the Webber Court Park.
– Replaced the child-safety swing at Sunnyside Park.
The Town declared surplus and is accepting sealed bids until 2:30 PM on March 25th for the following items:
1. 10-15 5 foot round tables.
Due to normal wear and tear, tables are no longer of sufficient quality to be used for indoor activities/rentals.
2. 6 ½ ft. tall by 16 inch deep by 3 ½ ft. wide (approximately) storage locker.
The locker was originally purchased as part of the 1998 remodel of the Public Safety Building. Due to plan revisions, never installed.
3. 4 foot by 2 foot Delta Pro diamond plate tool box.
The tool box was originally on the Parks’ Department trailer. The trailer was rebuilt and a larger box installed.
Sealed bids should be submitted to:
Town of Steilacoom
Attn: Linda Orozco
1030 Roe Street
Steilacoom, Washington 98388
The envelopes should be labeled “Surplus Equipment Bid Enclosed”.
Linda may be reached at 581-1912 if you would like to preview the items.
Questions – Call Paul at 983-2074