By Paul Loveless, Town Administrator
- Council Meeting – March 15, 2011 at Town Hall.
- Planning Commission – March 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall
- Preservation and Review Board – March 23, 2011 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall.
Council Future Agenda “Look-Ahead” Issues:
- Copies of the Agenda and staff reports are available at all Town facilities once published. The Agenda and Council meeting minutes are posted to the Town’s official website.
Future Topics – Policy Related:
- Nuisance and Abatement procedures (Spring-Summer).
- Grown “Fences” (Spring-Summer).
- Shoreline Management (Spring-Summer-Fall)
- Storm Water Comprehensive Plan (Summer – Fall)
- Harlock Park (Spring)
Depot Property – Tree Cutting:
On Thursday, March 11, 2011, at approximately 9:00 AM, Public Works staff notified the Town Administrator that an individual was on BNSF property near the depot cutting up a tree. The Town Administrator and Public Works Director immediately responded. The individual in question was a BNSF employee (train engineer) (verified through viewing his BNSF employee identification and Washington State driver’s license) who was cutting up a portion of the tree that had fallen near Sunnyside Park in the Fall damaging the guardrail. It appears the BNSF maintenance crews who have been working on the rail lines recently moved the log from the track area near Sunnyside to the depot in order to allow easier access for removal and salvage. Given this activity involved BNSF employees on BNSF property and did not involve the cutting/falling of any new trees, no further action was taken.
Confidential Document – Shredding Event:
The Town in conjunction with LeMay Mobile Shredding is hosting a confidential document shredding event tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 21st from 9 AM to Noon at the Public Works facility. There will be a 3 standard sized grocery bag limit per resident. There will be no charge for Town residents; however, we are requesting a donation of non-perishable foods items to be used for the Steilacoom Food Pantry.Print This Post