U.S. Department of Education will host the 2011 Parent Forum on Saturday, February 26, 2011 (8:30 am-1:30 pm) at The Evergreen State College, 1210 6th Avenue, Tacoma. Keynote speaker will be Helen Littlejohn from the Department of Education. Workshop topics for parents will include:
- The Reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) and other education reforms
- Title 1-Family and Community Involvement
- Tools needed to help your child succeed
- Advocating for Special Needs Children
- Civil Rights for Students
- Preventing School Violence and Bullying
Please RSVP to 206-607-1655 or email@example.com.
Helen Littlejohn, a native of Cheyenne, Wyoming, is currently the Senior Regional Public Affairs Specialist for the U.S. Department of Education, based in Denver, Colorado. She serves as a liaison to the Department for several western states and is responsible for community outreach and engagement for federal education initiatives. She also serves as an advisor to the Secretary on Indian education and rural issues and promotes the Department’s efforts to support the academic success of under-served student populations throughout the United States. Her 30-year federal career includes service with the Departments of the Army and Air Force.