By Hallie McCurdy, Lakewood Fire
Lakewood firefighters responded to a call of a gas leak at 10506 Bridgeport Way SW at 10:25 am on Tuesday, February 8. Upon arrival firefighters found a significant gas leak in the building. The entire building was evacuated including a daycare. Pierce Transit brought a bus to the scene to keep the children warm until they can return to their classrooms. Approximately 30 people were evacuated from the building. Puget Sound Energy determined the cause of the leak was the boiler for the water heater. Firefighters turned the building back over to management and cleared the scene 2:40 pm.