By Paul Loveless, Steilacoom Town Administrator
- Council Meeting – February 15, 2011 at Town Hall.
- Parks Task Force – February 24, 2011 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall in the Map Room.
- Planning Commission – February 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall
Council Future Agenda “Look-Ahead” Issues:
Copies of the Agenda and staff reports are available at all Town facilities once published. The Agenda and Council meeting minutes are posted to the Town’s official website.
February 15, 201 Tentative Agenda
1. Mission and Vision Statement (Action)
2. Colbert Infrared Inspection Services (Consent)
3. Urban Forestry Management (Introduction and Study Session)
4. Public Safety 2011 Workplan (Study Session)
Future Topics – Policy Related:
1. Nuisance and Abatement procedures (Winter-Spring).
2. Grown “Fences” (Winter-Spring).
3. Shoreline Management (Winter-Spring)
4. Storm Water Comprehensive Plan (Winter-Spring)
5. Public Nuisance Procedures (Spring)
Parks Task Force Community Project:
On March 5, 2011, the Parks Task Force is sponsoring a Community Planting Project at the 5th Street Waterway located near Wallace Street. The event runs from 9 AM to noon. All are invited.
Refuse Collection Proposed Rate Increase:
Pierce County Refuse (Harold LeMay Enterprises Inc.) has filed a request with the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission (WUTC) to raise the rates for refuse collection and landfill disposal. The new rates will be effective on March 1st, 2011 upon approval by the WUTC.
Pierce County Regional Council:
The General Assembly for the Pierce County Regional Council is scheduled for February 17, 2011 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Please RSVP directly to Toni Fairbanks at 798-7156 if you plan on attending.
o Completed the fire training schedule for March.
o Attended the Pierce County Fire Chiefs’ meeting on Thursday.
o Continued the review of service delivery models.
Street and Storm Water Utility Crew:
The Street and Storm Water Crew:
-Continued applying gravel to road shoulders and swept streets throughout Town.
-The Public Works Director and Street Supervisor identified several hazardous trees throughout Town and have scheduled Hunter Tree Services to remove them next week.
– Staff and Gray and Osborne will be reviewing the preliminary plans for Starling Street next week in preparation for this project being put out to bid in the Spring.
The Electric Crew:
-Finished the primary line at 1200 Union Avenue.
-Mounted a service on the west side of the Administration to provide additional power for the Farmers’ Market and other activities occurring on the multi-purpose court.
Water and Sewer Crew:
The Water/Sewer Crew:
-Removed the number 2 pump at the pump station. Rebuilt and then reinstalled the pump.
Buildings and Grounds:
The Buildings and Grounds Crew:
-Worked at the Community Center with the Cedar Creek work crew to weed and bark the primary beds. This project will continue next week.
– Assessed various options for mower replacement and ordered a John Deere from the State bid. (The mower was included in the 2011 Budget for replacement.)
-Staff met with Tim Ralston to discuss his shoreline permit application and other future activities at the old mill site.
-Staff met with the owner of Chambers Bay Storage to discuss his plan to expand the driveway entrance approach to and from Chambers Bay Road.
Steilacoom II Ferry welcome home sailing
The Steilacoom II ferry will depart at 9:30 a.m., Saturday, February 19 from the Steilacoom terminal for its “welcome home” celebration sail. Boarding begins at 9:20 a.m. The ferry stop at the Anderson Island terminal at 9:50 a.m. to pick up residents and take them on an hour sail around their island while everyone enjoys coffee, cake, and various presenters. After the Anderson Island residents are returned at 11:00 a.m., the ferry will head back to Steilacoom. This is a walk-on sail only. Be sure to bundle up in case of cold weather!