The Pierce County Economic Development Division and Washington State Department of Labor & Industries invites you to attend a FREE workshop to help you understand the essentials of risk management and accident prevention. Who should attend? Every firm paying workers’ compensation insurance. After a general discussion, you can arrange for a one-on-one meeting with L & I consultants. Topics will include:
• Are your Workers’ Compensation rates too high?
• What causes rates to increase?
• Do you have an L&I claim that’s keeping you awake at night?
• Do you need a safety program?
• What if you don’t have one?
• Why does your rate change?
• What is the number one thing you can do to reduce your insurance cost?
• The basics of claim management: The paper trail for returning employees to work.
• How successful companies manage their risk.
• The benefits of a written claims management and return-to-work program.
• The basics of an Accident Prevention Program.
• Determining employer and employee responsibilities.
When: Thursday, Feb. 17, 2011
Time: 8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Where: Environmental Service Bldg, 9850 64th Street W., University Place, WA 98467
Register: Click here to register or call Hans Kueck at 253-798-2335. Register by Friday, Feb. 11.