The Lakewood City Council will meet on Monday, January 3, 2011 at 7:00 P.M. in the City of Lakewood, City Council Chambers, 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499. Following is the meeting agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
1. Proclamation in recognition of Marcus Walker. – Mr. Marcus Walker, Director, Lakewood Playhouse
2. Youth Council Report.
3. Proclamation declaring January 17, 2011 as the 25th Anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service and February 2011 as Black History Month. – Ms. JoEthel Smith, Founder and Member, Martin Luther King Jr. Committee
4. Proclamation declaring January 2011 as National Mentoring Month. – Mr. Patrick D’Amelio, President and CEO, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of South Puget Sound; Ms. Maria Johnson, Branch Director, Boys and Girls Club; Mr. Dave O’Keeffe, Executive Director, Communities in Schools of Lakewood; Ms. Ellie Wilson, Chairperson, Lakewood’s Promise; and Ms. Pamela Grant, Outreach Officer, Washington State Mentors
5. Proclamation declaring January 2011 as School Board Recognition Month. – Mr. Joe Vlaming, Board Director, Clover Park School District Board
6. Clover Park School District Board Report.
7. Family Homelessness. – Mr. Troy Christianson, Manager for Mental Health & Initiatives to End Homelessness, Pierce County Department of Community Services
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
(1) A. Approval of the City Council Special Study Session minutes of November 29, 2010.
(8) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of December 6, 2010.
(16) C. Approval of the minutes of the Joint Council and Washington State 28th and 29th District Legislators meeting of December 13, 2010.
(18) D. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Special meeting of December 13, 2010.
(21) E. Approval of payroll check numbers 234, 112324 to 112338, and direct deposit check numbers 113547 to 113808, in the amount of $1,170,535.42, for the period November 16-30, 2010.
(30) F. Approval of payroll check numbers 235, 112339 to 112354, and direct deposit check numbers 113809 to 114065, in the amount of $1,013,448.50, for the period December 1 – 15, 2010.
(39) G. Approval of claim voucher numbers 59180 to 59275, in the amount of $841,531.24, for the period ending December 9, 2010.
(50) H. Approval of claim voucher number 59276, in the amount of $1,015.30, for the period ending December 15, 2010.
(51) I. Approval of claim voucher numbers 900204 and 59277 to 59401, in the amount of $432,811.99, for the period ending December 16, 2010.
(65) J. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
1. Landmarks and Heritage Advisory Board meeting minutes of September 23, 2010.
2. Public Safety Advisory Committee meeting minutes of
September 1 and November 10, 2010.
3. Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of November 1, 2010.
4. Redevelopment Advisory Board meeting minutes of November 9, 2010.
(90) K. Motion No. 2011-01
Authorizing the execution of an amendment to the agreement with Pierce County, for leasing space at the Lakewood Community Center for the Lakewood Senior Activity Center from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2015.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(98) Motion No. 2011-02
Reappointing Bill Harrison, Bradford MacGowan and Darrell Nelson to serve on the Landmarks and Heritage Advisory Board through December 2, 2013. – Mayor
(107) Motion No. 2011-03
Authorizing the execution of a grant agreement with the Washington State Transportation Improvement Board, in the amount of $2,768,000 for the construction of street improvements on South Tacoma Way from State Route 512 to 96th Street SW. – Public Works Director
(116) Motion No. 2011-04
Authorizing the execution of a grant agreement with the Washington State Transportation Improvement Board, in the amount of $3,004,800 for the construction of street improvements on Bridgeport Way from 83rd Street SW to 75th Street SW. – Public Works Director
(125) Motion No. 2011-05
Authorizing the execution of an agreement with James O’Connor for Hearings Examiner services from January 17, 2011 through January 17, 2013. – Assistant City Manager for Development Services
(133) Motion No. 2011-06
Authorizing the execution of an agreement with Pierce County, in the amount of $150,000, for the maintenance of Ft. Steilacoom Park from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011. – Parks, Recreation and Community Services Director
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments