By Alan Billingsley
Members of the Lakes High School Key Club and a Little Different Christmas Team from Little Church on the Prairie help prepare for the annual Caring for Kids Holiday fair last weekend at Hudtloff Middle school. Hundreds of local youth received a special package with clothing, toys, books and food all donated to Caring for Kids over the past year. Caring for Kids founder Diane Formoso works all year long to support local schools and their students to help raise happy, healthy, productive kids who are ready to learn.
* Canned goods are provided by schools, community groups and individuals
* We give hams and potatoes.
* Gift bags are provided by volunteers in all schools.
* Toys are purchased and donated all year long.
* A community knitting group makes hats and other knitted items throughout the year.
* Penny drives are successful with schools collecting hundreds of dollars.
* A ground swell of volunteer support makes the difference
Want to get involved? Caring for Kids (Diane Formoso) can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 564-8744