By Sue Potter, Director of Development, Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity
We hope that American Home Shield’s Challenge for Change has been well received by your friends, supporters and community. With Tillicum in a steady lead, we remain hopeful that the Tacoma/Pierce County Affiliate of Habitat for Humanity will prevail in this very long challenge and win the top prize of $25,000.
Now that the campaign is nearing its halfway point, American Home Shield is providing us with the opportunity to make a big jump in the standings, and to increase and secure our lead.
Friday, December 3 is National Roof Over Your Head Day, and to show our appreciation for your effort in helping more families celebrate this unique holiday, voting totals for your affiliate on that day will be doubled. That’s two points for each vote cast on December 3!
It’s time to rally your network and encourage strong voter turnout. Here are a few tips:
* Send a calendar reminder to your network for December 3 and encourage that others do the same.
* Update your website to include the special date information.
* Create the event “Your Vote for Habitat of Tacoma/Pierce County Today is Double” on Facebook and invite your friends/fans.
* Message your affiliate’s Facebook Fans and your personal friends on December 3 reminding them to vote that day. Provide a link to the website, ask that they do the same and update your status.
* Tweet about the event and link to AHSChallenge.com.
* Email your contacts December 2 and 3 reminding them about the competition.
* Include the information in an e-blast to your supporters.
While we hope this opportunity will provide our affiliate and Tillicum with a competitive edge in the challenge, be sure to remind supporters they can vote once per day. Vote early and vote often!
Thank you for your continued effort and support!