By Heidi West, America’s Credit Union
November 23, 2010 – Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM), WA – What do spent bullets, Red Bull, and a duty move trailer all have in common? They are all photos vying to win the Facebook contest currently underway and sponsored by America’s Credit Union (ACU). Credit Union members are encouraged to take a picture of something they bought with their ACU Visa and submit it on Facebook. Then they use the social media service to share their entry and ask their friends and family to vote. The person who submits the photo receiving the most votes will win an iPad. $50 iTunes Gift Cards will also be awarded for best photo in the five categories:
· Best Military Themed Purchase- Favorite gifts for service men and women, patriotic expressions and other military-themed items.
· Most “Green” item – Things that are environmentally friendly.
· Best Pet Purchase – Pampered pets.
· Inventive entertainment – Food, music, sports or a night out.
· Just plain weird – Inventive, unusual, fun or out of the ordinary purchases.
“We wanted to offer our Facebook fans a fun and unique way to share their photos on Facebook while spreading the word about our Visa card’s low introductory rate,” said Heidi West, ACU’s Marketing Director. “So far, the entries reflect our members’ unique perspective as part of the JBLM community.” The photos range from military-inspired purchases such as a trailer for the move to an officer’s last duty station before retirement to two princess Chihuahuas in matching pink dresses.
The contest and the introductory rate both run until December 31, 2010. Anyone can join ACU through affiliation with the Association of the United States Army (AUSA). For more information about ACU visit www.youracu.org.