By Mary Getchell, Communications Director, Pierce County Library System
People will find out how to keep their savings and investments safe during free presentations at Pierce County Library System. Participants will gain valuable techniques to safely and wisely select investments for their portfolio in today’s challenging economic times.
- Gig Harbor Pierce County Library, 4424 Point Fosdick Drive N.W., 253-851-3793
Tuesday, Nov. 30, 11 a.m. – noon
- Parkland/Spanaway Pierce County Library, 13718 Pacific Ave. S., 253-531-4656
Thursday, Dec. 16, 11 a.m. – noon
- South Hill Pierce County Library, 15420 Meridian E., 253-848-8686
Tuesday, Nov. 23, 11 a.m. – noon
- Sumner Pierce County Library, 1116 Fryar Ave., 253-863-0441
Thursday, Dec. 9, 11 a.m. – noon
Registration required. Please call or visit the library to sign up.
Presenter Alicia C. Diefenbach has vast experience as a regulator of the financial services industries, and served on the front lines of mortgage loan fraud investigation and enforcement. She has published widely as a consumer writer and presents financial and investor education courses across the United States. Washington State Department of Financial Institutions and the Investor Protection Trust sponsor this free event.
Generous funding from the following organizations is helping support the Library’s Job and Business Centers:
- FRIENDS of Lakewood Library.
- Lucky Seven Foundation.
- The Norcliffe Foundation.
- Paul G. Allen Family Foundation.
- Pierce County Library Foundation.
- Renew Washington grant program, administered by the Washington State Library and funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- WorkForce-Central, an investor.