The Tacoma School District is seeking input from the public regarding the possible sale of the “Old Edison Parking Lot.” Background is provided below about the property. District policy directs that we seek public input about the property’s future “highest and best use” and/or determining your interest in the property. Background:
“Old Edison Parking Lot”
NE Corner of S. 58th Street and Cedar
This parcel was used to provide off street parking for the old Edison Elementary School. However, it has not needed for this purpose since the construction of the new school and its orientation to the east side of the property.
* The parcel is rectangular, approximately 100 feet x 120 feet or .27 acre.
* The zoning is residential.
* The parcel is paved and features mature trees.
* The neighboring properties are primarily residential.
Suggestions for future use and/or disposition of the properties should be guided by the following:
* The proposed use should be compatible with the Edison neighborhood and community.
* The proposed use should not divert financial resources from the District’s education programs.
A public hearing will provide an opportunity for you to comment on October 28th, at the School District’s office located at 601 S. 8th Street, Tacoma, WA in the 4th floor auditorium at 5:00 P.M.
Submit written comments by October 25th to: Pete Wall, Tacoma Public Schools, Department of Planning & Construction, 3223 S. Union Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98409.