The Lakewood City Council will meet on Monday, October 18 at 7 p.m. in City Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
1. Proclamation declaring October 2010 as Make A Difference Month. – Youth Council
2. International Festival Update. – Ms. Connie Coleman-Lacadie, President, Lakewood Sister Cities Association
3. Recognizing Domestic Violence Awareness Month. – Ms. Miriam Barnett, Executive Director, YWCA
( 1) 4. Shoreline Master Plan update.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 3) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of October 4, 2010.
(10) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Budget Workshops of October 6 and 11, 2010.
(16) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 230, 112222 to 112224, 112259 to 112277,and direct deposit check numbers 112500 to 112765, in the amount of $1,250,821.73, for the period September 16 – 30, 2010.
(26) D. Approval of claim voucher numbers 58336 to 58443, in the amount of $412,475.23 for the period ending October 7, 2010.
(37) E. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
1. Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of July 21, 2010.
2. Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of September 13, 2010.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(44) Ordinance No. 520
Amending Section 2.14.120 of the Municipal Code authorizing Animal Control Officers to carry tasers and collapsible batons. – Police Chief
(52) Ordinance No. 521
Amending Sections 18A.50.630 and 18A.50.655 of the Municipal Code relative to highway-oriented signage. – Assistant City Manager for Development Services
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments