The Seattle Sounders Women, a team that’s reached the USL W-League semifinals three out of the past four seasons, near the start of their tenth campaign and fans can catch the action this season at the Starfire Sports Complex (14800 Starfire Way / Tukwila, WA 98188). Single-game tickets for the Sounders Women’s 2010 home schedule are on sale now. Adult tickets cost $10 apiece; with tickets that cost $5 for students that have valid identification. Fans can order online at www.SoundersWomen.com. They can also purchase tickets at the gate on game day.
The first regular-season opponent trying to stop Seattle from making a run at the USL W-League national title is the Ft. Collins Force. The game will be played May 28. The Sounders Women’s home schedule for the 2010 season is as follows:
- Sunday May 2, 1:00pm: Oregon State @ Seattle Sounders (exhibition game @ Starfire Field #11)
- Thursday May 6, 8:00pm: U. of Washington @ Seattle Sounders (exhibition game)
- Friday May 28, 7:30pm: Ft Collins Force @ Seattle Sounders
- Wednesday June 23, 7:30pm: Vancouver Whitecaps @ Seattle Sounders
- Friday June 25, 7:30pm: Pali Blues @ Seattle Sounders
- Thursday July 1, 7:30pm: Colorado Rush @ Seattle Sounders
- Saturday July 10, 7:00pm: Santa Clarita @ Seattle Sounders
The Sounders Women took third in the USL W-League Western Conference in 2009 and has been a power throughout the team’s first nine years of existence. Seattle’s performance on the pitch hasn’t gone unnoticed, as the Women’s Professional Soccer league called the name of Katherine Reynolds when the WPS’s franchise in Boston selected the former Seattle defender 34th in the 2010 WPS Draft. 2009 standout, Lyndsey Patterson, also spent time with the LA Sol of the WPS last year.
For more information about the Tide and all of its ticket packages, contact General Manager Jon Billings, 253-564-9329.