Get ready for “Operation Business Bootstrap” – a series of free programs and initiatives designed for small businesses to find resources and assistance. The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber rolls out its first of this series with a SBA Loan Briefing on February 17, 2010, 1-2 p.m. at the Chamber’s Simpson Community Room, 950 Pacific Ave., Suite 300, Tacoma, 98402. The briefing will cover how to obtain U.S. Small Business Administration Loans and is presented by the SBA.
Whether it’s how to find financial resources, getting answers to critical questions (including legal, HR, marketing, strategic planning, patent laws, government contracting) or helping veterans transitioning out of the military, there will be a program that’ll fit a small business’s needs. There is even a specific program for those who are thinking of starting a business.
Programs in “Operation Business Bootstrap” are complimentary and will be held at the Chamber’s Simpson Community Room, 950 Pacific Ave., Suite 300, Tacoma, 98402, with the exception of the Business EXPO. They are open to Chamber members and the general public.
The programs include:
* SBA Loan Briefings – Provides information on how to obtain small business loans—eligibility and credit requirements; what lenders are looking for when approving loans; what other financing options are available and the enhancements to SBA lending programs under the Recovery Act. Held on Wednesdays.
- February 17, 1 – 2 p.m.
- April 21, 1 – 2 p.m.
- June 16, 1 – 2 p.m.
- August 18, 1 – 2 p.m.
- October 20, 1 – 2 p.m.
* Entrepreneur Corner – Sessions covering a variety of topics and presented by the Chamber’s partners who offer small business resources in the area. Held on Wednesdays.
- March 17, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- May 19, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- July 21, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- September 15, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- November 17, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
* Small Business Start-up: 101 – Geared towards those who currently don’t own a business. Perhaps those who are unemployed, veterans transitioning out of the military, or individuals who are looking for opportunities. Held on Wednesdays.
- March 17, 1 – 4 p.m.
- July 7, 1 – 4 p.m.
- November 3, 1 – 4 p.m
* Business EXPO – The longest running business showcase in the Puget Sound area. The date has been set for Wednesday, October 13, at the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center. This year’s Business EXPO will be focused on growing business in Tacoma-Pierce County and will feature a “business community resource” workshop where a panel of speakers will discuss services available to small business.
Pre-registration is required as space is limited. Please contact Judy Singley, 253.627.2175 to register and for more information.Print This Post