The Lakewood Computer Clubhouse has “tweaked” its Friday program at Lakewood Presbyterian Church. (8601 104th St SW, Lakewood, WA 98498). It is called the Family Computer Clubhouse and it promises to be a fun way to begin the weekend now until June 2010.
- 3:00 – The Clubhouse Opens. Check out the computers (running Linux, play pingpong, foosball, air hockey, socialize or if the weather is nice play outside).
- 4:00 – Puppetry. We have the ability to make amazing movies using puppets in front of a “green screen”. Bring ideas and/or scripts.
- 5:30 – Learn Something New. We will be exploring open-source alternatives to commercial programs. Younger kids can enjoy a game or craft.
- 6:30 – The wild and weird Family Game.
- 7:00 – Free Time & Open Mic. Bring a song, story, or poem to share. On clear nights we’ll break out the telescope.
- 8:00 – The Clubhouse Closes.
More information about the Computer Clubhouse, an outreach of Pierce College, can be found at lakewoodclubhouse.us.Print This Post