Come watch Clover Park School District’s young scientists in action during the 2010 science fairs. (School addresses, maps and driving directions are available on the district website under the “Schools” tab.)
- Carter Lake, Feb. 17 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Clarkmoor, Feb. 18 at 6 p.m.
- Custer, Feb. 18 from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Dower, Feb. 11 from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Idlewild, Feb. 18 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Park Lodge, Feb. 17 from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Southgate, March 3 at 9:30 a.m.
- Tillicum, Feb. 18 from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Mann, Feb. 10 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Woodbrook, Feb. 17 from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
The district received a $10,000 grant from Intel to increase excitement around science education and student research. This is the fifth year that the district has received the Intel grant, which is mainly used to purchase supplies and materials for the science fairs.
Winners from individual school science fairs will advance to the districtwide Science Expo Saturday, Feb. 27 from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Park Lodge Elementary School (6300 100th St SW). Elementary school judging will take place from 10 to 11:30 a.m. and middle and high school judging will take place from 12 to 1:30 p.m. Winners from the districtwide Science Expo will advance to the South Sound Regional Science Fair at Pacific Lutheran University on March 27. For more information, contact Maria Flores at 583-5063.Print This Post