On Wednesday, Feb. 3 at 10 am, the Washington State Senate (Senate Chamber) will take time to honor fallen Seattle Police Officer Timothy Brenton, Lakewood Police Sergeant Mark Renninger, Lakewood Police Officers Tina Griswold, Ronald Owens and Greg Richards, and Pierce County Sheriff’s Deputy Kent Mundell Jr., as well as all law enforcement officers in Washington.
Immediately following the reading and adoption of the Senate resolution, the House of Representatives will pass (in the House Chamber) a similar resolution, which will then be followed by a gathering in the State Reception Room for legislators to meet and thank the brave men and women in law enforcement.
- Honor Guard comprising Lakewood and Seattle Police Department and Pierce County Sheriff’s representatives
- Invocation by Lakewood Police Chaplain Alvin Robbins
- Reading of the Resolution
- Pierce County Sheriff’s Detective Ed Troyer, speaking on behalf of officers and their families
- Recognition of law enforcement members, families and guests on the Senate rostrum and in the public galleries by Senator Franklin
- Remarks by Senator Carrell and other senators
- Escorting of guests to House of Representatives
- Gathering in the State Reception room