Community forum meetings are planned during December and January to collect public input for the superintendent search process now underway in the Steilacoom Historical School District. No. 1.
At its September 23 meeting, the directors of Steilacoom Historical School District No. 1, contracted with McPherson & Jacobson LLC Recruitment and Development, in collaboration with the Washington School Directors Association as consultants for candidates, for a permanent superintendent for the 150+ year old district. Michael Boring, from that firm, will conduct the forums.
This past May, Dr. Cathy Davidson was hired as district’s interim superintendent to replace Dr. Arthur Himmler, its fifth superintendent.
Community forums to collect input on what people see as strengths of the school district and community, what characteristics people would like to see in a superintendent and what challenges might lay ahead for the district in the near future are as follows:
- Wed., Dec. 16, 2009, 6 p.m., Steilacoom High School Library (Steilacoom)
- Fri., Jan. 8, 2010, 7 p.m., Anderson Island Community Clubhouse (Anderson Island)
The selection process time line in 2010 is as follows:
- Candidate Application deadline: Jan. 29, 2010
- Semi-finalists selected by Board: Feb. 10, 2010
- Semi-finalists interviews with Board of Directors: Feb. 13-16, 2010
- Finalist interviews with Board: Feb. 22-26, 2010
5. Starting Date: July 1, 2010
For more information about qualifications and other details, please visit the district’s website at www.steilacoom.k12.wa.usPrint This Post